BusinessCounts is a geographic summary database of business establishments and employees for nearly ten million businesses and one hundred and thirty million employees. The database is available for all standard levels of geography including block group and is supplemented by occupational data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the County Business Patterns program.
Total Establishments, Employees
• Size Establishments by size
• Occupation Employment by occupation
• Major Industry Establishments, Employees
• NAICS Custom 104 group classification (2,3,and 4 digit NAICS)
• NAICS Establishments, 4 digit
• Retail Sales estimates, employees, establishments
Methodology and Data Sources
The core source of BusinessCounts comes from InfoGroup (formerly known as InfoUSA). This Business Database is built from a careful integration of commercial databases, compiled white and yellow page directory data, city directories, corporate annual reports, and securities filings.
The database has been thoroughly cleansed for address consistency and geocoded. Virtually all records within the database are geocoded.
Email us to find a reseller, or learn more about our data products.